Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Sorry for the slowdown

Over the last couple of months I've not been devoting nearly as much time to this spot as I'd like to. I have been able to continue posting with some regularity due to the store of writeups I had in queue, but now the bin is almost empty.

That is not to say my head is, though. There are several outlines floating around, including the challenging of some of the assertions in Andrew Gelman's Red State Blue State, a sizable amateur review and intellectual riffing off of Geoffrey Miller's The Mating Mind, the relationship between IQ and monetary standard of living based on the most reliable estimates of the latter I've come upon to date, a contemporary look at human r/K selection theory at the international level, countless GSS-related whims, to name only a few.

With this sports thing, being on the cusp of a promotion to a spot I can see myself retiring from, and an unexpected conflagration of passion with the girl burning a hole in my stratosphere (heh, don't worry, I won't get too graphic) after a disappointing period of cooling, putting these strains of thought into html just isn't in the cards at the moment. But they have to come out, if for no other reason than to remind me of just how shaky my presumedly solid cognitive foundations really are.

In summation, please don't stop dropping by or dump me from your RSS feed. The season will be over in a few months, the professional stuff will settle down soon, and the microburst will (if all goes well) be chased out by a sustained period of a balmy tranquility following the storm. I plead selfishly, as the comment threads often leave me intellectually indebted, despite my efforts in the body of the post.

11 comments:

Lover of Wisdom said...

I wouldn't worry. I happen to be in the same lag too. I'll start picking up when the new school season starts.

silly girl said...

When you slow down, I just go to your older posts that I had never read before discovering this blog. I haven't read them all. Some may be worthy of revisiting, if you have new info. I really enjoy reading this blog.

Stopped Clock said...

Thanks for the update; I still have your blog near the top spot on my blogroll (only Steve Sailer's is higher).

Jokah Macpherson said...

Not to worry. The quality of both your posts and the comments here makes it unlikely I will drop out during a slow period. Hope your stratosphere is alright when everything is said and done and I will look forward to the future topics.

Anonymous said...

Post some cheesecake.

The Undiscovered Jew said...

Take all the time you need.

Audacious Epigone said...

LoW,

School will coincide with more time in the blogosphere?

SG, SC, Jokah, and TUJ,

Thanks much. I appreciate it deeply.

Anon,

Heh, sorry, it's not going to happen.

Stopped Clock said...

Ive always had more free time during school than during summer because I work during the summer and it's more stressful than school usually is. Experiences will vary though.

Outland said...

Hell, I stop by two times a week here. I didn't even notice a slowdown.

Keep on keepin' on soldier.

Lover of Wisdom said...

AE:

It doesn't make sense, but it actually works for me. When I'm in a more regimented environment, I am better able to plan my time out for everything, including blogging. I've been using this summer to work on other things that I can't work on during the school year.

Anonymous said...

What's really beta is worrying about all this stupid stuff.