Friday, May 18, 2007

No more lost posts

I whine more than I should about Blogger, especially with regards to the sporadic disappearance of material I've been working on. After a little moaning, I recall Bart's exchange with Comic Book Guy over the quality of Itchy & Scratchy cartoons, and I become ashamed enough of myself to bite my tongue:
Bart: Hey, I know it wasn't great, but what right do you have to complain?

CBG: As a loyal viewer, I feel they owe me.

Bart: What? They've given you thousands of hours of entertainment for free. What could they possibly owe you? If anything, you owe them.

CBG: [pauses] Worst episode ever.

Blogger keeps getting better, and enjoying the fruits hasn't cost me a dime (in accounting cost, anyway!). Now, Google's free service has added an autosave function that records posts every minute. Even an ingrate like myself can deal with losing one minute of writing! Hurrah!


Fat Knowledge said...

I'm with you on the praise for Blogger. I too was upset with them previously, but since they released their new version things are good. There have been few (any?) outages and they have added some nice features like labels and better search.

Not to toot my own horn (of course whenever anyone writes that they mean the exact opposite :)) but the addition of a large post editor and current time publish button have also greatly enhanced my enjoyment of Blogger.

Can't wait to see what they come up with next, and gotta love the fact it is all free.

Audacious Epigone said...


I'm not savvy enough to use your applications. I keep getting a java script runtime error.

Fat Knowledge said...


You need Firefox 2.0 and the Greasemonkey add-on. If you have those installed and are still getting the error, let me know what it is. It could be an error in my code.

Or if you are happy with the current setup, feel free to ignore. :)