Saturday, April 07, 2007

Name change

I'm now posting as "Audacious Epigone". This sentence provided the impetus for change:
Over on the Audacious Epigone blog pseudonymous blogger crush41 reports on a recent study by Robert Rector...
What an unnecessarily confusing waste of words. I bloviate too much, even in the names I give myself. Numbers in a name look too IM-ish, and crush41 has its obscure origins dating back to my bygone days. To shun the glory that comes in dropping the name that for some time represented the second best Warcraft II player in the world is no small feat, but as the blog's name is more appropriate, [voice quivering] I've adopted it.

... [Crickets chirping. A tranquil breeze blows.]

Uh, and so, there you have it.

Deserved of the disdain Thomas Jefferson would have for me, at least he'd respect my attempt at continual improvement.

4 comments:

JSBolton said...

It looks like epigone is thought to be a name for a weblog, and crush a personal nickname or pseudonym.

Fat Knowledge said...

Good call crush, err, Audacious Epigone (or AE as I will start calling you).

I came to the same conclusion when I switched over to the new Blogger. Having a different name for the blog and username didn't really make any sense.

That is quite impressive about Warcraft II. I don't even want to know how many hours of play that required.

Audacious Epigone said...

FK,

Hehe, it was an obsession. I wouldn't want to recount the hours either--if only I'd my intellectual energy had been applied in something approaching a constructive way!

Audacious Epigone said...

Also, I should've taken after you when you dropped the mping name. Following you thus makes me an epigone indeed!